Specimen Accessioners are an essential part in the in daily functions at Reditus Laboratories Accessioners are
the first to handle COVID-19 specimen when they arrive at the laboratory and are expected to handle specimen in accordance to laboratory standards. They will be expected to keep up with the current laboratory standards established by CLIA and College of American Pathologist (CAP) and participate in continuous education opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Adhere to laboratory safety standards when working with biohazardous specimen.
2. Receive laboratory specimen from couriers, UPS, FedEx or other delivery methods.
3. Ensure that specimen stored at the correct temperature and labeled appropriately
4. Order laboratory test using our computer system, LIGO, with emphasis on ensuring patient
information is entered correctly and without error.
5. Label specimen with new order bar code created from our system
6. Rack specimen that have been ordered and create a worklist map.
7. Adhere to HIPPA regulations
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions outlined in laboratory policies and
• Must show attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and be able to prioritize workflow in a busy
• Ensure specimens meet requirements for testing.
• Maintains a clean work environment.
• Have a full understanding and follow all confidentiality guidelines and HIPPA regulations
• Adapt to a high paced work environment
• Be flexible and willing to learn and grow
• Troubleshoot when necessary
• Work in an organized manner to ensure no mix ups with patient samples
• Contact hospital/clients if needed to inquire about specimens/patient info
– High school education or equivalent (GED)
– Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
– Full Time
– Part-time, Temporary
Starting wage at $16 an hour
Experience in data entry
• 1st shift 8am-4:30pm
• 2nd shift 4:00pm-12:30am
• 3rd shift 12:00am-8:30am
• Shifts will include rotating weekends/holiday on all three shifts