PAYROLL AND BENEFIT SPECIALIST
Responsible for assisting in daily manufacturing and shipping requirements, quality concerns, employee
safety and productivity requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining payroll information by collating, calculating, and entering data
• Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job
title changes, exemptions and saving deductions
• Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, leave, compassionate leave
and non-taxable wages
• Calculating payroll liabilities by determining employee taxes, including federal and state income
and social security tax, and calculating employer’s payments for social security, unemployment,
and worker’s compensation
• Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
• Maintaining all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures
• Processing and issuing W-2 forms to employees
• Maintain insurance plans for employees
• Prepare reports for quarterly, yearly and weekly reports
• Review and abide by company policies and procedures
• Make sure account balances are correct
• Resolve payroll errors
• Monitor promotions, transfers, and terminations
• Ensure that payroll goes out in timely manner
• Processing enrollments quickly and accurately
• Reviewing monthly payroll deductions
• Resolving employee issues with benefits administrators and insurance providers
• Assisting the employees in enrolling in dental, vision and medical insurance plans
• Providing new hires with explanations of benefits and instructing them on enrollment and
• Providing ongoing support for the HR teams
• Consulting with employees about eligibility and other pertinent issues
• Ensuring that the firm’s benefits policy is compliant with the set laws and regulations
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Ability to continuously lift up to 25lbs
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality (from all directions)
• Leadership ability: strong interpersonal/group skills with ability to direct others
• Willingness to build a positive work culture
• Team Oriented
• Proven work record
• Excellent attendance
• Strong computer skills such as typing, system and software knowledge
• Knowledge of wage withholding orders
• Accurate data entry skills with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with employees
regarding their issues and concerns
• Good client service skills
• Being an effective team player
• Sound decision-making skills
• Ability to multitask in a stressful environment with specific deadlines
• Ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment
• Confidentiality and respect for the privacy of employee records
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Required Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting, or a related field.
2. 2+ years of Payroll and Benefits experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.