IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
We are looking for an energetic and organized person who knows what it means to take charge and who expects to be held accountable for results. You will be responsible for one thing – excellence in customer service – ensuring that our customers (End Users) and Internal Employees are delighted by every interaction with you. We are a result driven IT organization and our quality-of-service deliverable tops everything else. We are looking for someone that is willing to grow with a fast-paced company.
Troubleshooting and resolving network hardware, software, and local Workstation issues according to IT quality standards. Will be expected to be able to initiate and complete jobs with minimal technical direction.
• Properly maintain company equipment and tools as well as maintain a clean and organized work environment both at the office and Data Centers.
• Deploy computer images to employee computers based on the On-boarding Checklist.
• Assist with work overflow and be available to work after hours as needed. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure when necessary.
• Windows desktop support (help desk, ticketing, etc.)
• Network Support ranging from Active Directory, M365, VPN, Windows Server administration (DC/AD/GPO).
• Network Equipment Support (Patch Panel, Switches, Routers, Firewall, etc.)
• Maintain IT Equipment Inventory
• Installing and Day-to-Day IT Operation support for all Business Application Tools.
• Support various software related to Lab Equipment.
• Troubleshooting Peripherals, repair, and maintenance (Printers, Scanners, Phones, etc.)
• Ability to research and troubleshoot issues, with access to elevated technicians as needed.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality (from all directions)
• Leadership ability: strong interpersonal/group skills with ability to direct others
• Willingness to build a positive work culture
• Team Oriented
• Proven work record
• Excellent attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position requires the employee taking their share of on-call. There may be some need for weekends and holidays.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education and Experience
1. High School degree or GED
2. 1+ years of IT Help Desk or related field experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Related Field
2. 2+ years of IT Help Desk or related field experience
3. CompTIA Network+ or related experience.
Required Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.